International Conference on ‘Safer Mobility 2019’ will be taking place at IIT Delhi.
Due to the growth in mobility rate in India, the road accidents are increasing considerably these days. In order to put a barrier across this phenomenon and to achieve a well set target on road safety, the Indian Road Safety Campaign (IRSC)is organisingInternational Conference on Safer Mobility 2019(ICSM 19) by the support of NITI Aayog, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs(MoHUA), and United Nations Institute of Training and Research (UNITAR).
Raising awareness among the road users with the help of engaging programs is the main objective of this conference
The Conference includes:
- Panel Discussions on Role of corporates in Road Safety, Role of NGOs in Road Safety, Approach of various central government & bodies, Role of Journalism in Road Safety, Scope of latest innovations in Road Safety and Approach of various state government and bodies are being organised as a means of influencing the public to behave more safely in traffic.
- National Level Competitions such as IDEATHON, Case Study Challenge etc. are also being organised for the college students providing them with a myriad of opportunities.
- Finale of iSAFE’18; A 9-month long championship held annually for 1500 schools and colleges in collaboration with MoRTH and UNITAR.
- Providing appropriate traffic education to road users, focusing on survival and aiding skills will automatically result in reduction of road crashes or injuries. Therefore workshops on First Responder Training, Defensive Driving Training, Safe System Approach and Crash Data Analysis is also being organised as a part of the two-day conference.
- Exhibition by NGO’s, Innovators, iSAFE Finalists and Corporate partners
The main speakers in the conference includes:
H.E. Mr. Klas Molin; Ambassador – Embassy of Sweden, Shri Amitabh Kant; CEO – NITI Aayog, Shri Anil Srivastava; Principal Advisor – NITI Aayog, Shri Durga Shanker Mishra; Secretary – Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Ms. Shakuntala D.Gamlin; Secretary – Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Shri Abhay Damle; Joint Secretary – Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), Smt. Anju Bhalla; Joint Secretary – Department of Science and Technology.
The conference will be taking place place from 30th May to 31st May 2019 at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi.