Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra, part of the USD 20.7 billion Mahindra Group, announced that its compact SUV, the XUV300 has been awarded the highest 5-Star Safety Rating by Global NCAP. With this global recognition, the XUV300 becomes the first Indian vehicle to score the highest points among all 5-Star rated cars tested so far by Global NCAP.
The XUV300 also becomes the first Indian vehicle to score a 4-Star child safety rating. It is noteworthy that side impact performance is a pre-requisite for a 5-Star safety rating, and the XUV300 side impact performance has been one of the best among all 5-star rated cars.
Commenting on this achievement, Rajan Wadhera, President-Automotive, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “This is a proud moment for Mahindra as the 5-Star rating reiterates our unstinted commitment towards safety. Today’s conscious buyers rate safety as a top priority while making their purchase decision and we have designed the XUV300 to be one of the safest vehicles in India. I am sure that this recognition will further spur us as well as the Indian automotive industry to achieve similar safety standards for the entire range of vehicles on Indian roads”.
The Mahindra XUV300 with its many first-in-segment safety features including 7 airbags, disc brakes on all 4 wheels, front parking sensors and heated ORVMs, offers fortress-like safety that is unmatched. Today the XUV300 has established a new benchmark in terms of vehicle safety in India having been awarded a 5-star rating by Global NCAP, the umbrella body of consumer car safety testing bodies. The official Global NCAP test for the Mahindra XUV300 was conducted in Germany recently.
FORTRESS-LIKE SAFETY IN XUV300
The XUV300 offers Best-in-Segment safety features*:
1. First-in-segment 7 airbags including knee airbag, dual-front, side and curtain airbags
2. First-in-segment disc brakes on all 4 wheels (Among Sub 4-metre Compact SUVs).
3. First-in-segment front parking sensors
4. First-in-segment heated ORVMs
5. Electronic stability program with Dynamic Steering Torque, Hydraulic Brake Assist, Roll-over Mitigation and Traction Control, together with Hill Start Assist.
6. ABS & EBD standard across all variants
7. Front & rear fog lamps
8. ISOFIX child seat mounts
9. Tyre-tronics (Tyre pressure & temperature monitoring system)
10. Seat belt reminder for all seats
11. 3-point seat belt on all seats