Hero MotoSports Team Rally, the motorsport division of the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer,
Hero MotoCorp, added yet another impressive finish to their record, with both riders of the Team
registering a top 20 finish at the Merzouga Rally 2018.
The week-long Merzouga Rally came to its conclusion on Friday, with the last stage kicking-off in Motocross
style. It was a high-octane and intensely fought stage, all in dunes, which aptly brought the curtains down
on the rally on a high.
For the Team, the Rally ended in another good result with Oriol Mena finishing in top 15 at 15 th position
and C S Santosh finishing in top 20 at the 19 th place. The Team will take a lot of positives from this result
considering that in this edition almost all the top teams and top riders of the Dakar were competing,
imparting it a flavour of a “mini-Dakar”.
Provisional Results for the Stage 5
1. Pablo Quintanilla Husqvarna Racing 38m 12s
2. Kevin Benavides Honda Racing +03s
3. Toby Price KTM Racing +06s
13. Oriol Mena Hero MotoSports +03m 00s
30. C S Santosh Hero MotoSports +06m 45s
Overall Provisional Results at the end of Stage 5
1. Joan Barreda Bort Honda Racing 13h 28m 19s
2. Kevin Benvides Honda Racing +06m 10s
3. Pablo Quintanilla Husqvarna Racing +11m 25s
15. Oriol Mena Hero MotoSports +02h 24m 49s
19. C S Santosh Hero MotoSports +03h 15m 00s
Source : HERO