New Delhi, February 12, 2019: Committed to promote road safety in India as its corporate social responsibility, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. successfully concluded its week long road-safety initiative coinciding with 30th National Road Safety Week. The initiative was based on the theme ‘Sadak Suraksha, Jeevan Raksha’ set by Ministry of Road Transports and Highways (MoRTH).
Promoting road-safety across the country, Honda engaged with over 33,000 children and females under this CSR initiative.Supporting Honda in spreading road safety awareness were several State police departments, Municipal Corporations, RTOs, NGOs, schools etc.
Speaking on how Honda spread road safety awareness this 30thNational Road Safety Week, Mr Prabhu Nagaraj- Vice President, Brand & Communication, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Road safety is a national concern. Every year over 1.47* lakh people are losing their lives due to road accidents. While civic authorities are taking various measures; as a responsible corporate Honda took the lead to spread the message this National Road Safety Week. Taking Safety to Everyone, we educated all age groups, be it school kids to college students, Honda associates to our customers across 5800 touchpoints. In future too, we continue to sensitise people across cities through National Road Safety Awareness Campaign.”
Key highlights of Honda’s week long road safety initiative:
– Going beyond metros, Honda spread road safety awareness to various cities across India including Panipat (Haryana), Howrah (West Bengal), Allepey (Kerela), Alwar (Rajasthan) etc.
– Customers at 5800 Honda network and over 22,000 Honda associates took the road safety pledge.
– Nearly 17,000 people were educated at Honda adopted 13 Traffic Training Parks across India.Special safe riding theme rangoli competition for women and poster making, painting competition were also organized for kids.
– Nearly 13,000 school and college children and 1,000 females across 9 cities learnt about road safety through fun under Honda’s Nationwide Road Safety Awareness Campaign.
– Honda with its dealers organized several road safety awareness events across cities. This includes scooter rally in Alleppey, safety banner displays at central locations of cities, virtual riding simulator trainings for young adults and distribution of safety leaflets among public.
Honda’s Road Safety Commitment:
For Honda globally, road safety comes first. In India too, Honda has been promoting road safety since its inception in 2001 and has already spread road safety awareness to 25 lac Indians. Today Indians are becoming independent and safe riders via Honda’s safety riding and training programmes being held at its 13 adopted traffic parks (2 in Delhi, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Yeola, Hyderabad, Indore, Ludhiana, Coimbatore, Karnal and Thane) in India.