The world’s first fully electric British hypercar, the all-new Lotus Evija, has been revealed. With unparalleled performance and a target power output of 2,000 PS, it sets new standards in terms of advanced EV engineering. Quite simply, the Lotus Evija is the most powerful series production road car ever built.
- Lotus Evija – the first all-electric British hypercar – makes its world debut in London
- Target power output of 2,000 PS makes it the world’s most powerful series production road car
- Target 0-62 mph (0-100km/h) in under three seconds, top speed over 200 mph (320 km/h)
- Ultra-lightweight carbon fibre monocoque makes it the world’s lightest production EV hypercar, at 1,680kg
- Pure electric driving range target of 250 miles (400 km)
- Mid-mounted battery pack echoes celebrated Lotus mid-engined sports car layout
- World-first main and dipped beam laser lighting technology
- Comprehensive personalisation and experiential programmes for customers
- Designed, engineered and hand-built at Lotus’ famous home in Hethel, UK
- Cements the UK’s position as the world leader in high-performance, advanced technology automotive manufacturing
- Lotus Evija production limited to just 130 cars – in tribute to its Lotus ‘Type’ number, 130 – beginning in 2020
Like all Lotus cars throughout the brand’s storied 71-year history, the Evija has been precision-engineered to deliver an outstanding driving experience both on the road and track. It is the most dynamically accomplished model ever built by the company, setting new standards for Lotus driving performance. Above all else, it is ‘For The Drivers’.
As a name, Evija (pronounced ‘E-vi-ya’) means ‘the first in existence’ or ‘the living one’. It is highly appropriate; Lotus has an unquestionable reputation for its pioneering approach in both automotive and motorsport.
The Evija marks the start of an exciting new chapter in the history of an iconic and much-loved British sports car brand. It is the first hypercar from Lotus, and the company’s first model with an electrified powertrain. As the first completely new car to be launched under the stewardship of Geely – the world’s fastest growing automotive group – its significance cannot be overstated.
Exclusivity and desirability go hand in hand in the world of hypercars, and the Evija is blessed with an abundance of both. Production is limited to not more than 130 examples, making it among the most exclusive cars ever launched. It’s a figure set in tribute to the car’s project code, Type 130. Lotus road and race cars throughout the brand’s seven decades of success have been assigned a Type number, and the Evija is no exception.
The Evija is the first Lotus road car to feature a one-piece carbon fibre monocoque chassis. The cabin, from the fully adjustable race-style seats to the multi-function steering wheel, is the very pinnacle of motorsport-inspired road car design and technology.
At the heart of the Evija is an ultra-advanced all-electric powertrain. It has been developed with technical partner Williams Advanced Engineering, famed for success in motorsport, from Formula One to electrifying the first four seasons of Formula E. The battery pack is mid-mounted immediately behind the two seats and supplies energy directly to four powerful e-motors. This highly efficient system is the lightest, most energy dense, electric power package ever fitted to a road car. With a target weight of just 1,680 kg, it will be the lightest pure electric hypercar ever to go into series production.
Engineered for precise and sustained performance, the Evija has five driving modes – Range, City, Tour, Sport and Track. It can race from 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in under three seconds and accelerate to a top speed of more than 200 mph (0-320 km/h).