The arid desert of Jaisalmer is proving to be relentless, with the participants battling it out in a cut-throat competition. The stages covering the majestic dunes of Asu Tar and Turkon ki Basti brought a whole new rejig in the top positions of the rally.
At the end of Leg 3, while Aabhishek Mishra maintained the lead at 06:55:38, Raj Singh Rathore took the second spot at 07:21:55. Dharampal Jangra from Team Maruti Suzuki Motorsport at 07:31:58 made his entry to the top bracket at third position.
Commenting on this, Dharamapal Jangra from Team Maruti Suzuki Motorsport said, “Driving in the dunes has always been challenging, and today in particular, the stages turned out to be an extreme test of the machines. My Brezza withheld the extreme temperatures & rugged terrain and played a vital role in my elevation to the 3rd position. Making way out of the Sam dunes has been an achievement in itself, and what better than finding one of the top spots. We only foresee more thrill and unpredictability with the upcoming night stage set for today.”
In the Moto category, Aaron Mare took the lead, clocking in at 05:29:39, followed by C.S Santosh at 05:36:43. At the third position, Santolino Lorenzo completed the distance in 05:42:49.
The rally has taken an interesting turn in the Leg 3 of the Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm with CS Santosh retiring from the rally after crashing in a few kilometers before the stage finish. Defending champion and Indian motorsports legend Suresh Rana from Team Maruti Suzuki Motorsport also retired from the rally after his Grand Vitara suffered a technical issue after the first fuel stop.
Results at the end of Leg 3
- Aabhishek Mishra and V Venu Rameshkumar (06 :55 :38)
- Raj Singh Rathore and Sagar Mallappa (07:21:55)
- Dharampal Jangra and Harikrishnan (07:31:58)
- Nipun Agrawal and Kabir Mansharamani (00 :02 :24)
- Surendra Gopu and Hardeep Singh (00 :04 :56)
- Vishal Jain and Rajeev Katula (00 :07 :09)
- Gurpinder Singh and Mrinmoy Saha (00:05:01)
- Vivek Vikram Singh and Sabatullah Khan (00:06:41)
- Ashish Budhia and Arindam Ghosh (00:11:01)
- Aaron Mare (05:29:39)
- C.S Santosh (05:36:43)
- Santolino Lorenzo (05:42:49)