- Mercedes-Benz unit sales in the first seven months up by 2.3% to 1,356,350 passenger cars
- In July, 167,518 vehicles were sold worldwide (-7.9%)
- Asia-Pacific region sets record in July with over 73,000 passenger cars delivered
- S-Class Saloon with significant sales growth of 16.5% in July (4,906 units)
- New C-Class family: strongest selling series in European showrooms since July
Stuttgart – Mercedes-Benz already sold 1,356,350 vehicles in the first seven months of this year, which is an increase of 2.3% and a new record. Last month was the second-best July in the history of the brand with the three-pointed star, with worldwide sales of 167,518 passenger cars, despite several factors that led to constraints in the availability of some models. Mercedes-Benz maintained its market leadership as the premium brand with the highest number of new registrations in the first seven months in markets including Germany, France, Switzerland, Portugal, USA, Canada, South Korea, Japan, Australia and Brazil.
“Never before have so many customers taken delivery of their new Mercedes-Benz in the first seven months of a year. Since the beginning of 2018, we have increased our unit sales by 2.3 percent to more than 1.35 million passenger cars sold,” stated Britta Seeger, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG responsible for Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing and Sales. “Since the market launch of the C-Class Saloon and Estate, more than 9.5 million of these models have already been sold. Since July, our new models of the C-Class family have been in the showrooms of the European dealerships, with whom we intend to continue the success story of our bestselling series,” continued Seeger.